About Me

I am a wife and mother. I have a son (W) who is ten and a daughter (E) who is 8. I have two bonus children: a stepson (N) who is 18 and a stepdaughter (A) who is 14. My bio children are educated at home while the bonuses go to regular school.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wrapping Paper: Why Buy It?

This year while wrapping presents, we ran ran out of wrapping paper.  Yes, we have gift bags some where. Where exactly, I didn't know, and I was not about to search for them. What to use? Newspapers? It was a possibility, but not very fun to look at. We had a bunch of paper grocery bags I had been saving for an art project so I got some down from their perch. I cut them so they would be flat and removed the thick bottom section. After I wrapped each present, the kids drew pictures on each one.

A few days after Christmas, we had some friends over. They brought with them some bagged popcorn, and when the bag was empty (like normal people) they threw it out. Can you  imagine: just throwing out a non-reusable, non-resealable bag?


I have a hard time throwing things away; I don't like to waste. So I removed the bottom seam from the bag and cut along the tear that was already in the bag. Then I washed the bag.
I plan to use it for wrapping paper. We don't buy  a lot of things that come in bags like this. At least, I don't think we do. My plan is to save them through out year. It will be interesting to see how many we accumulate. I do plan to ask my friends for their bags when we are at a function together like a picnic or beach day.  I don't think I will be lacking when presents need to be wrapped this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment